Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pete Namlook- Shades of Orion 2

Shades of Orion 2
This cd really blew my mind (into deep space). I have heard a lot of Space and Ambient music, but Shades of Orion 2 is definetely among the top 5 of my own all time greatest Space cds. If you close your eyes, the music will lift you into the deepest reaches of Space, and what a place to be! The music is varied enough to maintain your concentration throuout the over 1 hour long composition. If someone had told me this before I bought the cd, I would have said : "No way". In my opinion, Shades of Orion 2 is right up there with the the best of Jonn Serrie, Oophoi/Tau Cetis "Celestial Geometries" or maybe Fripp/Enos "The Equatorial Stars", just to name a few. If you are new to Ambient, I would say that this is one great place to start. So listen to this cd, and be engulfed in cosmic bliss.   It's as if Namlook and Inoue performed this music from a distant planet in some far away galaxy. Shades of Orion 2 is simply some of the most cosmic, atmospheric music I have ever heard.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment